This blog is all about day to day cricket stats,facts and records by Bharath Seervi. Here you get a regular dose of interesting cricket stats as the cricket goes on. Follow up and share if you like it !!
Thursday, 11 April 2013
Statistical Highlights of IPL 6 - Week 1
Here are all the achievements, records, facts and stats of the First Week of IPL (3rd April to 6th April, 2013) , match by match.
MATCH NO.1, KKR vs DD, Kolkata, 3rd April 2013
* Unmukt Chand became the 15th Batsmen to be dismissed FIRST BALL of the INNINGS in IPL and 2nd batsman after Manoj Tiwari in 2010 to be dismissed off FIRST BALL of a SEASON in IPL
* Mahela Jayawardene scored his 9th IPL 50 and also completed his 1500 IPL Runs. He became the 16th Batsman to complete 1500 Runs in IPL.
* Manprit Juneja scored his First IPL Run in career, making his debut.
* Sunil Narine became the Highest Wicket Taker for KKR in IPL, overcoming Ishant Sharma’s tally of 25 wickets. He now has 28 wickets for KKR
* Figures of 4/13 by Narine are the 3rd Best Figures against DD in IPL after Malinga’s 5/13 and Shoaib Akhtar’s 4/11.
* Sunil Narine joined Anil Kumble, Lakshmipathi Balaji, Lasith Malinga and Munaf Patel to take 3 4 wicket hauls in IPL Career.
* Sunil Narine features in 3 of the Top 5 Bowling Figures for KKR in IPL
* DD’s total of 128 is their 5th Lowest Total in First Innings in IPL. Lowest being 95 vs MI in 2011.
* Yousuf Pathan completed his 1500 IPL Career Runs. He is the 17th achieve that.
* KKR completed their 6th Win against DD in 10 matches they played.
* Sunil Narine received his 5th Man of the Match award in IPL.
MATCH No.2, RCB vs MI, Bangalore, 4th April 2013
* Tillakaratne Dishan bagged his 6th IPL Duck. Only Manish Pandey, Amit Mishra, Shane Warne and Parthiv Patel has more than him.
* Virat Kohli hit his 50th SIX in IPL. He became 14th IPL Batsman to do so.
* Chris Gayle completed his 150 fours and 130 Sixes in IPL.
* Chris Gayle overcame David Hussey’s tally of 4821 Runs to become the second highest run getter in T20 matches behind Brad Hodge’s 5274.
* Karun Nair making his debut scored a DUCK.
* Jasprit Bumrah’s figures of 3/32 are the second best on Debut for MI after Lasith Malinga’s 3/15 vs CSK in 2009
* Chris Gayle scores his 13th IPL fifty and became the 15th Batsman to have a score of 90s in IPL. (To know more about the scores of 90s in IPL, Click Here )
* Dinesh Karthik scored his 5th IPL 50.
* Mitchell Johnson and Jasprit Bumrah made their debuts and took their first IPL Wickets.
* Sachin Tendulkar was dismissed Run Out in his last match in IPL 2012 and again Run Out in his 1st Match in IPL 2013.
* RCB won their first game vs MI in bangalore in IPL. Overall their 6th win against MI in 12 played.
* Chris Gayle received his 13th Man of the Matchin IPL. Most by any player behind Yousuf Pathan’s 12.
* RCB beat MI by 2 Runs. This is the 5th match in IPL which was decided by a margin of 2 runs. There has been a match in every season in 2009, ’10, ’11, ’12 and 2013. There have been 4 match in IPL which were decided by a margin of 1 run.
MATCH NO. 3, SH vs PWI, Hyderabad, 5th April 2013
* Thisara Perera scored his highest IPL score of 30 runs. Previous best of 22 runs.
* Hanuma Vihari made his debut and scored his first IPL run.
* Dale Steyn got his 8th 3 wicket haul in IPL.
* 3/11 by Dale Steyn are his 2nd best bowling figures in IPL after 3/8 vs RCB in 2012.
* Amit Mishra bagged his 10th 3 wicket haul in IPL career.
* Amit Mishra is the second highest wicket taker in IPL with 77 wickets behind Lasith Malinga’s 83
* Pune Warriors India won their first match in IPL 2011 and 2012, but lost in IPL 2013.
MATCH NO.4, DD vs RR, 6th April 2013
* Rahul Dravid scored his 8th IPL 50.
* Stuart Binny scored his highest IPL score of 40 runs. Previous best of 40 runs.
* Umesh Yadav achieved his best bowling figures of 4/24 in his IPL Career and his first 4 wicket haul in IPL.
* Umesh Yadav’s figures of 4/24 are the second best of figures for DD vs RR in IPL, after Pawan Negi’s 4/18.
* David Warner’s 77 is his jointly 3rd highest IPL score after 2 hundreds.
* Kevon Cooper got his 3rd 3 wicket haul in his 7 Matches of IPL Career.
* Rahul Shukla took his First IPL wicket, playing his 2nd match in IPL.
* Rajasthan Royals have lost only once in IPL after posting a total of 160 or more in first innings. They defended it again in this match.
MATCH NO.5, CSK vs MI, 6th April 2013
* Sachin Tendulkar scored his 2nd Golden Duck in IPL career and his 4th Duck Overall. Zaheer Khan and Dirk Nannes are the bowlers to dismiss Sachin First ball.
* Kieron Pollard scored his 3rd IPL 50.
* Ravichandran Ashwin reaches 50 IPL Wickets. Second CSK player after Albie Morkel (69). Overall he is the 19th bowler.