The 3rd ODI between Sri Lanka and Bangladesh saw some players acheiving important milestone in their career. The following are some of them
- Kusal Janith Perera scored his maiden ODI 50 in his 7th ODI. He scored 56 runs and he is the 56th Sri Lankan to score a 50+ in ODI career.
- Tillakaratne Dilshan scored his 16th ODI Century and overcame Mahela Jayawardene's 15 ODI 100s to become 2nd highest century scorer for his nation after Sanath Jayasuriya's 28 tons
- Tillakaratne Dilshan is among the 9 Batsmen to score 16 or more 100s in both Tests and ODIs and only Sri Lankan to do so
- Kumar Sangakkara became the 7th Batsmen to score 11000 ODI runs and 2nd Sri Lankan after Sanath Jayasuriya's 13430
- Kumar Sangakkars is among the 7 Batsmen who have scored 10000 Runs in both Tests and ODIs
- Dinesh Chandimal bagged his 6th ODI Duck in his 53 ODI career.
- Abdur Razzak became the FIRST Bangladeshi Bowler and 34th overall bowler to reach 200 ODI wickets
- Abdur Razzak achieved his 4th 5 wicket haul in ODIs, he is the only Bangladeshi bowler to get more than 1 5 wicket haul on ODIs
- Abdur Razzak is only the 19th ODI player to get 4 or more 5 wicket hauls in career
- Abdur Razzak's figures of 5/62 with economy rate of 6.2 is the 6th worst for a player taking 5 wicket haul in an innings with all 10 overs bowled (Worst is Gordon Goudie's (Scotland) 7.3 in his 5/73 (10) vs Aus in 2009)
- Bangladesh won their 2nd ODI in Sri Lanka in the 27 total ODIs played. And 1st against Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka in the 16 meets.
- Bangladesh's Wins vs Major 8 teams: 7 vs WI, 5 vs NZ, 4 vs SL, 3 vs Ind, 2 vs Eng, 1 vs Aus, 1 vs Pak, 1 vs SA
- Bangladesh has won total of 76 ODIs out of the 270 played. Most wins vs Zim, 30 wins.
- Bangladesh's win was their 22nd win outside Bangladesh
- Tillakaratne Dilshan got his 4th Man of the Series award and 16th Man of the Match award. He is jointly second Sri Lankan with 4 MoS awards with Sangakkara and Jayawardene, highest for Lanka being Jayasuriya (11)
*** Follow the blog so that you do not miss any posts ---> See right side of the blog ***